- Further destruction of the Churchill (Grand) River from the proposed Lower Churchill Development?
- Multi-millions of dollars from tourism on that river, lost forever?
- A huge Hydro Power Resource that will be used elsewhere instead benefiting Labrador's children?
- Billions, upon billions of dollars from that resource gone from 2015 till eternity?
- Sustainable, environmentally friendly Industries in Labrador, employing Labrador Residents driven by Hydro Power?
- No Hydro Power line to the Labrador coast, especially Northern labrador?
- Polluting Fossil Fuel (Diesel) driven power plants in Labrador coastal communities?
So, what do you think? Will $55 million here and $250 million there be worth the destruction?
Who do you think the stakeholders are? I think they are all residents of Labrador and we must get involved on a large scale. We must not wait until the Lower Churchill deal is signed in the Fall of 2009. Thousands of people should express their concerns by email, by regular mail, by phone or in person to the Premier, John Hickey and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. lets get definite answers to our questions.
*** Some Addresses Below ***
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro, 500 Columbus Drive, P.O.Box 12400, St.John's, NL A1B 4K7 - www.lowerchurchillproject.ca
Dept.Labrador/Aboriginal Affairs - P.O.Box3014,Stn.B, Hvgb, NL A0P 1E0, Phone 709-896-1780 or fax 709-896-0045
The Office of the PremierConfederation Building, East BlockP.O. Box 8700St. John's, NLA1B www.gov.nl.ca 4J6Phone: (709) 729-3570Fax: (709) firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian CrawleyChief of Staff
Elizabeth MatthewsDirector of Communications
Peter NoelPrincipal Assistant to the Premier
Stephen Dinn Deputy Chief of Staff
Linda RocheExecutive Assistant (Corner Brook Office)
Note: Or you can write me and i'll do my best to find answers for you.